Write a 1000-word argument for a claim of value connecting individual identity and family heritage. To help you develop your claim of value think through questions such as these:
- How are people’s identities shaped by their surrounding familial and cultural traditions?
- How uniform and valued/cherished is your family history?
In order to support your claim of value, you’ll need to include a variety of sources and perspectives. Incorporate the following into your paper:
- your first-hand experiences
- evidence gathered from stories in this module (stories is plural so that means more than one; two will suffice from the module reading list)
- researched scholarly insight into family and self-identity
- our Core Values of Excellence and/or Integrity
Earnest Hemingway, “Hills Like White Elephants”
Alice Walker, “Everyday Use”
Nikki Giovanni, “Mothers”
Seamus Heaney, “Mid-term Break”
Peter Meineke, “Advice to My Son”
Adrienne Rich, “Delta”