This Competency Assessment assesses the following outcome(s):
HI300-2: Classify database technologies and healthcare information systems used to manage data and information.
PC 3.2: Interact with others in a professional manner using appropriate communication and presentation skills.
Information Governance Considerations within a Healthcare Setting
Please complete all parts in a Microsoft Word document.
- The body of your document should be at least 1000 words in length.
- Quoting should be less than 10% of the entire paper. Paraphrasing is necessary.
- Students must cite and reference at least 4 credible sources from the Library.
- Visit the Academic Success Center: Writing Center to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written assignments.
Imagine that you are the Director of Health Information for a large hospital. As Director, you sit on various institution-wide committees which govern the organization’s policies. You have seen issues arise that cause you to propose changes in policies, procedures and operations across the hospital. Therefore, you have decided
to create a proposal to the CEO and Board of Directors, which you will develop in collaboration with committee teams. Please follow the instructions below in completion of this assignment.
|1||Select two (2) applications/systems for clinical classification and coding (e.g., encoders, computer assisted coding (CAC), etc.) and appraise each vendor in terms of (1) capacity to evaluate quality coding practices, (2) possible implementation considerations/issues, and (3) systems management challenges and training needs. Provide support for one system that you find as the “best option” with rationale.|
|2||Consider the principles and applications of classification systems (e.g., ICD-10, HCPCS) and medical record auditing used within a clinical documentation improvement (CDI) program. Appraise the value and challenges of a quality CDI program by defending the need for ongoing CDI program support and critique at least two (2) challenges in the CDI process. Make connections between auditing, accurate diagnostic and procedural coding with classification systems, and CDI programs. Your executive summary should reflect upon the need for CDI and best practices for ensuring compliance.|
|3||Critique one interoperability issue that is possible within the health information exchange (HIE) (e.g., patient identity matching). Appraise at least two (2) best practices that address the issue.|
|4||Evaluate at least two (2) health information systems (HIS) and two (2) data storage designs (e.g., onsite, cloud). Select the best HIS and data storage design for disaster recovery purposes. Indicate your selections with rationale.|
|5||Evaluate at least two (2) managerial challenges related to clinical indices, databases, and registries from the perspective of a hospital’s health information management function. Recommend at least two (2) best practices or policies related to the management of secondary data sources.|
|6||With respect to data warehousing, appraise at least two (2) approaches in data warehouse design that supports quality data management from varying sources, processing/storage of data throughout the warehouse model, and meaningful output into the presentation layer. Summarize your recommendations in the executive summary.|
|7||Analyze data and information from the point of creation or collection, through the management, storage, and transformation into information and duration of its required retention period.|
Minimum Submission Requirements
- This Assessment should be a Microsoft Word document (minimum 1200 words), including a title and reference pages.
- Respond to the questions in a thorough manner, providing specific examples of concepts, topics, definitions, and other elements asked for in the questions. Your submission should be highly organized, logical, and focused.
- Your submission must be written in Standard English and demonstrate exceptional content, organization, style, and grammar and mechanics.
- Your submission should provide a clearly established and sustained viewpoint and purpose.
- Your writing should be well ordered, logical and unified, as well as original and insightful.
- A separate page at the end of your submission should contain a list of references, in APA format. Use your textbook, the Library, and the internet for research.
- Be sure to cite both in-text and reference list citations where appropriate and reference all sources. Your sources and content should follow proper APA citation style. Review the writing resources for APA formatting and citation found in Academic Tools. Additional writing resources can be found within the Academic Success Center.
- Your submission should:
- include a cover sheet/title page;
- be double-spaced;
- be typed in Times New Roman, 12 -point font;
- include correct citations
- be written in Standard English with no spelling or punctuation errors; and
- include correct references at the bottom of the last page.
If work submitted for this competency assessment does not meet the minimum submission requirements, it will be returned without being scored.
Plagiarism is an act of academic dishonesty. It violates the University Honor Code, and the offense is subject to disciplinary action. You are expected to be the sole author of your work. Use of another person’s work or ideas must be accompanied by specific citations and references. Whether the action is intentional or not, it still constitutes plagiarism.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com