Making Acquaintances: Differences and Similarities (75 points)
Please review the samples before starting your work.
1. Each student will provide a brief two-page cultural write-up relating to his/her representative country : (20 points) I chose Japan
- Historical background
- Communication styles (language, both verbal and non-verbal)
- Beliefs (religion, family, nature, etc.)
- Society structure (gender equality, role of children, family, ethnic groups, leaders, government, political ideologies, hierarchies)
VERY IMPORTANT – your final score will greatly depend on this.
In the next two sections, associations SHOULD be made with the value orientations addressed in the Values portion of this course:
§ Human Nature (Universalism-Particularism, Good/Evil, High-Context/Low-Context, Uncertainty Avoidance)
§ Relation to Nature (Subjugation, Harmony, Mastery, Inner-/Outer-Directed)
§ Activity Orientation (Achievement/Ascription, Doing-Being-Being-Becoming)
§ Human Relationships (Affectivity/Affective Neutrality, Instrumental/Expressive, Self (Individualistic)/Collective (Collateral)/Linear, Egalitarian/Hierarchical, Power Distance)
§ Relation to Time (Past-Present-Future, Monochronic/Polychronic, Low-Context/High- Context
2. Each student will provide a two-page list of ‘Reasons for Codes of Cultural Behavior’ for tourists visiting his/her representative country. This list will explain to tourists why it is important that they follow each of the Do’s and Don’ts, from the hosts’ cultural (values of the culture) perspective, and should include the following: (40 points)
a. Five major ‘Do’s’ for tourists
i. At least one appropriate value orientation of the culture for each ‘Do’ (20 points) (Describe in detail
one distinct value orientation for each Do. Do not repeat value orientations for the items on the list of Dos.)
b. Five major ‘Don’ts’ for tourists
i. At least one appropriate value orientation of the culture for each ‘Don’t’ (20 points) (Describe in detail one distinct value orientation for each Don’t. Do not repeat value orientations for the items on the list of Don’t’s.)
- Each student will provide APA-style citations within the text whenever applicable and compile a list of APA-style references (reference page) for all resources used in his/her write-up (5 points)
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.