Discussion 1: Coding Scholar of Change Video #1
In Weeks 1–4, you observed and created field notes for each of the Walden Scholars of Change videos. Now that you have completed your observations, next you will select one of the Scholars of Change videos to begin the coding process of not only your field notes but also the transcript of the video you downloaded.
To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the chapters in the Saldaña text found in this week’s Learning Resources.
- Review the Introduction to Coding and From Content to Coding media programs in the Learning Resources.
- Refer back to your observational field notes from the Scholars of Change Videos from Weeks 1–4.
- Choose one of the four Scholars of Change videos and refer to your field notes from your observation.
- Access the transcript you downloaded for the media program of the Scholars of Change video you selected for this Discussion.
- Begin to code the transcript and the observational field notes of the Scholar of Change Video you chose. (Note: You will only need one or two codes for this Discussion, although more are acceptable.)
BY DAY 3
Post a brief description of the video you chose. Next, include an example of one or two codes and provide quotes from your notes or transcript to support your example. Finally, explain your reasoning for this coding.
Be sure to support your main post and response post with reference to the week’s Learning Resources and other scholarly evidence in APA style.
http://stevescollection.weebly.com/uploads/1/3/8/6… Saldana Coding Manual
3 attachmentsSlide 1 of 3
UNFORMATTED ATTACHMENT PREVIEW
Video Field Notes Guide Intro: Field notes are taken during an observational event to record and remember behaviors, activities, and events. They are also used to record and distinguish the researcher’s experience and interpretation of those events. Field notes general consist of 4 parts: 1. Some record-keeping notes (e.g., date, time, etc.) 2. Descriptive information: where you attempt to accurately record the “facts” of the situation 3. The meaning/reflection of what you observed 4. Reflexive notes – How did this affect you? What personal moment did this bring up? How did it alter or inform you? Date: Time of Viewing: View #: Your Physical Setting: Name of Video: Describe physical setting(s) in which the video takes place Setting 1 Setting 2 Setting 3 People: (identify and briefly describe. Include what their role was in the video) Person 1 Person 2 Person 3 Did these individuals interact? Briefly describe. Other unusual or interesting setting
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.