a. Course textbook and/or other assigned readings
b. Review social determinants of health
c. Review your selected Sentinel City (SC) neighborhood demographics.
d. Meet with Mayor Hill who can provide some information about Sentinel City® economics in general.
2. Enter SC® and begin the bus tour. Compare your selected community to the city in general.
3. As you tour the neighborhood, note signs that indicate your neighborhood is a community that is “thriving” or just “surviving”. Note indicators of high or low employment. Consider education levels, number of female head of households, and median household incomes.
4. Select a specific population group with in your community and identify one of the most common diseases, chronic condition, or injury that impacts this population group.
5. Using an evidence-based approach, address levels of prevention in relation to the disease, chronic condition, or injury that impacts a specific population group. Identify economic prevention strategies that can be initiated by nurses and other healthcare providers and propose an action or intervention that addresses the disease, condition, or injury that most impacts your selected population group.
6. For questions, contact your Academic Coach.
|Primary PreventionActions or interventions used to reduce exposure or vulnerability to a health issue or concern prior to disease onset or diagnosis. Think: health promotion and disease prevention||Secondary PreventionActions or interventions used to detect or treat a health issue/concern in early stages to prevent progression or recurrence. Think early and periodic screenings.||Tertiary PreventionActions or interventions used to limit disability and/or enhance rehabilitation for a disease or injury. Think rehabilitation, occupational or physical therapy.|
|Population Group:||Disease, Chronic Condition, or Injury:|
|Proposed Action or Intervention:||Proposed Action or Intervention:||Proposed Action or Intervention:|
|Evidence-based rationale of how this action or intervention will decrease healthcare costs.Include the citation here and reference on the reference page||Evidence-based rationale of how this action or intervention will decrease healthcare costs.Include the citation here and reference on the reference page||Evidence-based rationale of how this action or intervention will decrease healthcare costs.Include the citation here and reference on the reference page|
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.