To develop the study guide, each student must research and prepare a presentation on the assigned set of critical reading terms. Students will be assigned by the first letter of their last names. You may use PowerPoint, Google Slides, or you may create a video. Students within an assigned group may work together to create the presentation, or you may each create your presentation individually. If you work as a group, you will all receive the same grade.
- The presentation must include the following information:
- Name of the critical reading strategies or logical fallacies being presented;
- A formal definition of the strategy or fallacy as given by a scholarly source. You may use the resources within the Critical Reading Open Educational Resources;
- A layperson’s (in your own words) definition of the strategy or fallacy;
- Two examples of each strategy or fallacy defined (Please do not use examples that come from any of the resources in the Critical Reading Open Educational Resources as we already have access to those. Each example should come with a brief explanation so that we know how it exemplifies the strategy or fallacy in question.);
- All sources used must be cited in either MLA or APA. Don’t forget your parenthetical citations; and
- The presentation will be posted here on Brightspace by the due date. Because we are creating a study guide for the following week’s activities, late assignments cannot be accepted.
- Please remember to include everyone’s name on the title page (if you work as a group).
A-F: Inductive and Deductive Reasoning
G-L: Ad Hominem and Poisoning the Well
M-R: False Dilemma, Weasel Word, and Red Herring
T-Z: Straw Man, Non Sequitur, and Begging the Question
As you design your visual presentation, please consider these resources:
- Photos and Illustrations
- Google Images (Click Tools, then Usage Rights, and then Creative Commons licenses for those images that are free for noncommercial
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.