This Performance Task Assessment is a case – based study of a large urban hospital called Lockeport Medical Center located in Boston, Massachusetts. You will prepare a three part authentic report and recommendations specific to Lockeport’s geographic location and type of organization as described in the case. You will consider the organizational goals and values of the case organization, identify five or more specific job titles that represent the impact of Lockeport’s workforce environment, and directly address the needs as identified in organizational goals and align to Lockeport’s organicationsl goals. You will also be assessed on the Professional Skills of Written Communication, Oral Communication, Technology, and Critical Thinking and Problem Solving.
Access the following files to complete this Assessment:
· Use the APA course paper template available here.
· Download the Writing Checklist to review prior to submitting your Assessment.
This Assessment requires submission of three (3) files. Save your files as follows:
· Save Part I as HR001_PartI_firstinitial_lastname (for example, HR001_PartI_J_Smith).
· Save Part II as HR001_PartII_firstinitial_lastname (for example, HR001_PartII_J_Smith).
· Save Part III as HR001_PartIII_firstinitial_lastname (for example, HR001_PartIII_J_Smith).
When you are ready to upload your completed Assessment, use the Assessment tab on the top navigation menu.
Before submitting your Assessment, make sure that you have focused your writing and analysis specifically to the case scenario and then carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
This assessment has three-parts that all work together to create a recommendation to executive leadership. Click each of the items below to complete this assessment.
This is a case-based paper. You have just obtained a key management position within the Lockeport Medical Center Human Resources Department and a charged with conducting an analysis of Lockeport’s organizational goals, identifying essential positions tht align with those goals to ensure goals are achieved, and making reasonable recommendations for compensation strategies that as specific to the workforce trends and potential challenges of recruitment and retention for the geographic location and type of organization presented in the case.. You have been asked to assist in aligning workforce capacity with the organizational needs of the organization in order to ensure delivery of cost-effective, high-quality healthcare. You must first become familiar with Lockeport Medical Center by reviewing the document “Organizational Description—Lockeport Medical Center, and conduct your own research into the workforce conditions specific to healthcare workers and physicians that pertain to LockeportBased on your analysis of the workforce environment for Lockeport and the organizational description and goals you have developed and inferred from the case information, address the following: ( 2-4 pages)
· Provide a brief and specific introduction to Lockeport Medical Center including a discussion of their geographic location, anticipated advantages and challeges they may experience related to workforce environment specific to their geographic location, and any unique considerations that apply to their type of organization. Cite your research about workforce conditions relevant to the location and type of organization that describes Lockeport
· Infer five organizational goals of the Lockeport Medical Center, and explain why the goals are essential to the operational success of this medical center. Create goals in your own words that best address the goals as outlined in the case.
· Infer five values of the Lockeport Medical Center, and explain what the values communicate about this organization. Discuss values using specific language that relates to the case details about Lockeport’s location and the anticipated needs for this type of organization.
· Describe five key employee traits or qualities relevant to and necessary to fulfill the described organizational goals that are specific to Lockeport, and explain how each key employee trait or quality is essential to achieve the organizational goals.
· Insert an organizational chart that highlights 10 potential positions that align to specific organizational goals you have created. Present a realistic and authentic organizational chart that illustrates where these potential positions would be placed within the chart showing realistic lines of reporting. The organizational chart needs to be realistic for the size and type of organization as described in the case.
· Summarize by explaining how each of these positions will specifically help Lockeport Medical Center achieve its organizational goals.
In your training that resulted in you being selected for the management position at Lockeport, you have learned that developing an effective compensation method is essential to a company’s employee turnover and retention. You also understand that factors that reduce turnover and allow for competitive recruitment are very different based on geographic location and by type of organization. For this slide presentation, you will prepare a brief and informative summary of your recommendations on the most effective compensation methods to achieve Lockeport’s goals. Your audience is the executive leadership for Lockeport, including their Board of Trustees. Create a 6 slide (not counting references slide)presentation with audio narration to present to the executive leadership team. Your presentation should:
· Describe at least three different compensation methods for support staff and at least two different compensation methods for physicians that would be options for Lockeport.
· Describe two advantages and two disadvantages for each method you describe.
· Recommend the one best compensation method to be used for physicians and the one best compensation method for support staff that are the most relevant and reasonable based on what you know about the workforce environment and organizational goals for Lockeport.Defend why you made each recommendation.
· In a summary slide, explain the impact of compensation on the recruitment of support staff and physicians at Lockeport Medical Center.
As a final part of your three part proposal package for the executive leadership team, you will provide a job description that aligns with the goals of the organization for one of the specific and key positions you identified in Part I.
· Complete the “Job Requirements Matrix” for one key position at Lockeport Medical Center.
· Create a job description for the key position. (Use the sample “Job Description” as a guide.)
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.