Please answer all 20 questions correctly and get back to me within the next 3 hours
1. Modifier -P5 indicates that the patient
A. experienced postoperative anemia.
B. is not expected to survive without the operation.
C. received a lower anesthesia dosage.
D. is advanced in age.
2. Code 99217 is assigned for
A. nursing home services.
B. observation discharge services.
C. established patient visits.
D. new patient office visits.
3. Code range 99218–99220 denotes
A. emergency room visits.
B. initial hospital visits.
C. initial observation care.
D. follow-up hospital visits.
4. A physician performs an invasive surgical procedure. Prior to the start of the procedure, the anesthesiologist administers monitored anesthesia. Which modifier should be appended to the anesthesia code?
5. When more than one surgery is performed during one anesthesia administration, the coder should
A. report the anesthesia code with the highest base value unit.
B. assign modifier -QS to the second surgery code.
C. assign add-on code 01900 to indicate more than one surgery was performed during a single operative session.
D. add modifier -QY to the first surgery code.
6. Modifier -P3 indicates that the patient
A. received topical anesthesia.
B. is in a coma.
C. received local anesthesia.
D. has severe systemic disease.
7. ___ modifiers indicate the number of anesthesia cases being directed at one time.
A. Coordinated time
8. A coder adds modifier -P2 to an anesthesia code. This modifier indicates the patient
A. is allergic to lidocaine.
B. received general anesthesia.
C. is handicapped.
D. has mild systemic disease.
9. The risk of morbidity or mortality would be considered as a part of
A. review of systems.
B. medical decision-making.
C. history of present illness.
D. chief complaint.
10. A patient who has not been seen by a physician or another physician in the same group within the last three years is a/an _______ patient.
11. The dollar rate of each anesthesia unit is called the _______ factor.
A. unit conversion
D. base value unit rate
12. A patient who has been admitted to a hospital is a/an
B. established patient.
C. new patient.
D. ambulatory surgery patient.
13. A patient undergoes an esophagogastric tamponade with a balloon. How would this procedure be coded?
Do you have similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.