Geography 215 Week 2 quiz
There is a total of 13 questions, please provide one correct answer for the following questions:
1) Which of the following may bring about changes in relative location?
A) the discovery of new trade routes
B) the opening of a new highway
C) a new tariff agreement between two countries
D) all of the above
2) Which of the following statements about regions is true?
A) All regions have precise boundaries.
B) Everyone agrees on the extent of all regions.
C) Geographers decide what phenomena to use to define a region.
D) Features used to define regions must be clear and distinct on the landscape.
3) A culture hearth is
A) a region from which innovative ideas originate.
B) the material traits of a particular culture.
C) a region in which people of different origins live.
D) the evolution of a landscape.
4) Which is an example of expansion diffusion?
A) English colonists bringing their language to America.
B) The introduction of tulip farms in Michigan by Dutch immigrants.
C) The nearly instant popularity of iPods.
D) The construction of Buddhist temples in Los Angeles.
Chapter 5/Week Two:
5) The difference between population geography and demography is that population geography is
A) totally concerned with human migration.
B) the study of individual populations in terms of specific group characteristics.
C) the study of the distribution of humankind across Earth.
D) the study of internal population dynamics.
E) the science of “describing people.”
6) “Physiological density” is a term applied to human populations that means
A) the number of people per unit of area.
B) the strength of the local football team.
C) the density of population per unit of arable land.
D) the standard of living in any given place.
E) that a region is overpopulated.
7) The agricultural crop that produces the highest number of calories per acre is
8) The European country with the largest percentage of foreign-born migrants is
E) United Kingdom.
Chapter 10/Week Two:
9) The central business district is characterized by
A) a high degree of accessibility.
B) low buildings.
C) a random arrangement of different functions.
D) single-family homes.
10) The desire to live in suburbs relates to Americans’ fondness for
A) heavy traffic.
B) lower opportunity for home ownership.
C) return to nature.
D) row houses and apartments.
11) The Federal Housing Administration (FHA) programs had the effect of
A) promoting gentrification.
B) integrating neighborhoods racially.
C) improving urban schools.
D) promoting housing segregation.
12) At the very least, cities depend on their hinterlands for food. Answer: TRUE OR FALSE
13) Included in urban geography is the study of the functions of cities and their economic role in organizing territory. Answer: TRUE OR FALSE
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com