Module 11 Comprehensive Assignment
This assignment requires you to provide your answers in a variety of ways. Please read the instructions for each question carefully.
1. You have just completed a study of discharge data (table below) for the prior year. You have been asked to graph this data and indicate where the areas have increased or decreased. You can use Excel or a specialized statistical package to create this graph. Place a screenshot showing your results underneath the data table.
|Current Year||Prior Year|
2. The table below shows a frequency distribution of persons who received an organ transplant in the United States during the year 20xx.
a. Compute the proportion of patients in each category. Calculate to 3 digits after the decimal point. Place your answers in the Proportion column of the table below.
|UNITED STATES OF AMERICAORGAN TRANSPLANTS PERFORMEDAnnual Statistics 20xx|
|TYPE OF TRANSPLANT||NO. OF PATIENTS RECEIVING TRANSPLANTS||PROPORTION|
b. Using the information in the table above, convert the proportion into a percentage and complete a bar graph showing the transplant types performed in 20xx. Insert your graph (or screenshot of your graph) below.
3. There were 16 babies born at McGill Community Hospital during the first week of July. The following represent the weight of those babies: 4.6, 5.8, 5.3, 5.5, 6.0, 8.3, 6.7, 7.7, 9.4, 6.3, 7.2, 8.0, 6.8, 5.9, 10.0, 5.7
a. What weight is found in the 75th percentile?
b. What percentile of newborns that weighed over 5.9 lbs.?
4. What type of statistics is used to explain data in ways that are manageable and easily understood?
A) Percentile statistics
B) Definitive statistics
C) Descriptive statistics
D) Inferential statistics
5. The Physical Therapy department in Brown Hospital pulled the following sample of patients that received physical therapy for Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder (Diagnosis code 726.0). The data represents the number of PT hours the patients received before being released.
Using the data in the table below, determine the following:
a. What is the Mean (to one decimal place)?
b. What is the Range?
c. What is the Variance (to one decimal place)?
d. What is the Standard Deviation (to one decimal place)?
e. What is the Median?
|Patient||# of Physical Therapy Days|
6. What are the four types or scales of measurement of categorical data?
A) Ratio, Interval, Metric, & Minimal
B) Nominal, Ordinal, Periodic, & Relative
C) Nominal, Ordinal, Rational, & Interval
D) Ratio, Interval, Nominal, & Ordinal
7. What scale of measurement is depicted in the “Lab Results” below?
|1 = HIV Positive|
|2 = HIV Negative|
|3 = HIV Inconclusive|
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.