Choose one of the challenges below (or one of your own) as the focus of an HR training or development plan for a department in a health care organization.
- Teamwork is lacking in some functional units. Many employees are operating as individuals in areas where teamwork is essential. Poor or inadequate goals and objective setting seems to be a key issue.
- There is a lack of preparation and orientation for newly hired employees. Many are not prepared for their job within the organization because of inadequate job-related training on company policies or procedures.
- Employees appear to be wasting time and working inefficiently. Time management seems to be a problem for many.
- Burnout is a very significant issue in the organization, especially among nursing staff. Supervisors are struggling to deal with the issue.
- Or choose and define a comparable challenge of your own.
Use the Capella University Library and professional or academic resources on the Internet to research training and development strategies for addressing human resource needs.
Prepare a training and development plan for your chosen challenge that would be appropriate to present for executive approval. Include the following:
- A description of how the proposed training addresses the identified challenge within an organization of your choice.
- A list of employee types who should be included in the training and why.
- A detailed description of the training topics and vector (seminar, online, conference, workshop, brown bag, et cetera). The budget and schedule should accurately reflect this choice.
- A budget (personnel, equipment, supplies, et cetera). Make sure to document any assumptions you make.
- A schedule with milestones associated with content creation and training delivery.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to APA style and formatting standards.
- Number of resources: Include a minimum of three resources.
- Page length: 5–7 pages, not including the budget table or worksheet.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.