This course introduced you to a variety of historical and contemporary learning theories via Ormrod’s (2020) Human Learning (8th ed.), including:
- Social cognitive theory (Ch 5)
- Cognitive-developmental perspectives (Ch 9)
- Contemporary contextual frameworks (Ch 11)
From the list above, above is the three different theories or perspectives that are or have been most influential to your approach and philosophical framework of teaching and learning in your content area of expertise. Then, consider how concepts of those theories can serve as examples of how the theories/perspectives are demonstrated in classroom contexts.
For example, you may choose to discuss behaviorist views of learning as being influential. Then, you may use a concept of behaviorist perspectives (e.g., PBIS) to demonstrate your ability to identify how this perspective is experienced in classroom contexts.
For example, you may choose to discuss cognitive views of learning as being influential. Then, you may use a concept of cognitivist perspectives (e.g., retrieval) to demonstrate your ability to identify how this perspective is experienced in classroom contexts.
Use the template that is attached
Chapters from textbook will be attached
provided for you, compose a 5-paragraph essay (5-7 sentences per paragraph) using the guidelines outlined below. Your submission should follow APA 7th edition guidelines. Citing your course text (Ormrod, 2020) is expected. Citing additional course materials provided for you is optional. You do not need to conduct any research outside of your course textbook and other course materials.
- Paragraph 1: Introduction. Introduce your readers to the concept of human learning and why understanding human learning is important for educators in your content area of expertise. Conclude with a thesis statement that outlines the three perspectives you have chosen to address.
- Paragraph 2: Theory/Perspective 1. Provide a topic sentence for the paragraph that provides an overview of the learning theory/perspective you have chosen to address. Define or describe the foundational principles of the theory/perspective, citing your course text using APA guidelines. Demonstrate your ability to identify this theory/perspective in classroom contexts by providing one example of what this looks like or may look like in your classroom or learning context.
- Paragraph 3: Theory/Perspective 2. (Same instructions as Paragraph 2. Include appropriate transitions so that the essay demonstrates scholarly writing conventions.)
- Paragraph 4: Theory/Perspective 3. (Same instructions as Paragraph 2. Include appropriate transitions so that the essay demonstrates scholarly writing conventions.)
- Paragraph 5: Conclusion. Conclude your essay with a discussion of how the theories/perspectives you have highlighted support a holistic understanding of student learning in your content area of expertise. You may also suggest appropriate implications for curriculum and instruction in your content area of expertise.
- References. Follow APA 7th edition guidelines.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.