1. The issue/problem: Gather facts on a specific issue that affects a community. You will research the history of the problem, its incidence and its prevalence. Use reliable sources.
The need community: Gather facts on the need/benefit community. You will engage in extensive fact finding about this community. Learn as much as possible about this community to understand its strengths, needs, and wants.
- What is in place now to solve the problem? Who is doing/has done what to address the problem? Answering these questions will help you identify the target for change.
What is the general public opinion about the problem? Check Public Opinion Polls.
What laws (local, state, federal) are in place now to address the problem?
Are there any pending bills to address the problem? If so, who is the sponsored of the bill? What is the current status of the bill?
Are there any legislative committees responsible for this problem ? What government agencies, advocacy organizations, community groups, or agencies exist now to address the problem? What have they’ve done or are doing now to address the problem?
Are there any other individuals, groups, or organizations doing something about the problem?
3. The target for change: Use your research (Answers to questions 1 – 2) to identify the target for change. What or who needs to change? An organization? A social welfare agency? A law? A procedure? A specific individual or group? Keep in mind that you should identify a specific policy objective. This step requires a lot of discussion among group members.
- Strategies and tactics: Prepare your advocacy plan. Describe the tactics and strategies you will use to achieve the policy objective.
- Explain your rationale about your strategies and tactics. Are you confident that by choosing these strategies your group will garner the power necessary to achieve your policy objective?
5. Implementation: Taking act Describe the steps you have taken to implement your advocacy/lobbyy List the resources needed to implement each strategy and tactic you selected
What obstacles did you face ?Getting the word out: What media did you use to make your efforts known to stakeholders and
Generate support for your cause?
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.