I- Case Study: Care of the Child in Inpatient and Outpatient Settings
Jordan is 9-year-old male who is a direct admit for observation. He has a history of vomiting and diarrhea for 48 hours.
- Nausea and vomiting for 24 hours
- Has not voided today
- Unable to tolerate oral fluids
- Vital signs: T 37.8° C, P 120, R24, BP 110/60
- Weight: 34 kg
- Hyperactive bowel sounds to auscultation
1. Question 1
When should the discharge teaching begin for Jordan and his family?
2. Question 2
What is the best way to approach Jordan regarding the IV that has been ordered.
3. Question 3
What would be good distractions for a child of Jordan’s age?
II- Case Study: Pediatric Cancer
Mario is a 7-year-old male who presents with a 1-week history of body aches and pallor. He has a 2-day history of fever to 103° F and a 1-day history of bruising and lethargy.
- Complains of hurting all over
- States he feels very tired
- States he feels dizzy when he stands up
- Weight 26.1 kg
- Vital signs: T 38.9° C, P 140, R 40, BP 108/54, O2 sat 100%
- Purpural rash on extremities
- WBC 0.7
- HGB 3.1
- Hct 8.5
- Plt .08
- ANC 0.1
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.