Significant Contributions to Public Health Final Assignment Part
[WLOs: 1, 3, 4] [CLO: 1, 2, 3, 5]
Prepare a four to five minute audio-visual presentation or a PowerPoint of at least 10 to 15 slides on one health informatics topic from the provided list.
During this course we explore many different components of health informatics. For this project, choose a topic of interest to you to prepare your presentation. The context of this presentation is that it will be a staff educational session on your selected topic. Your presentation should reflect new information and not recap or use previously graded content in this course or another course.
In this assignment, you will prepare a 10-15 slide PowerPoint presentation with detailed speaker’s notes of 100-150 words per slide. The slide count does not include the title and reference slides. Select one of the health informatics topics from the list below to address in your presentation. Please see the HIM301 PowerPoint Instructions Download document for expanded information on expected detail in your presentation.
Step 1: Choose one topic from the following list:
Evidence-based practice and informatics
Public health informatics
The evolving ePatient
International efforts, issues and innovations related to informatics
Simulation in health care
Analytics and design-led innovations and management
Big data: challenges, opportunities, and realities
Incorporating mobile devices and sensors into daily routines
- The potential impact for mHealth is enormous; an individual might spend 15 minutes or less per year with a primary-care physician, whereas the same person has nearly constant contact with a mobile device.
- Applying clinical care guidelines on, and within, mobile platforms
- Gathering and using data, particularly intensive longitudinal data, to study effectiveness of an mHealth intervention
- Consumer informatics
- Applications of social media in health care
- Biomedical applications based on sensor data
- Chronic disease management and preventative solutions
- Step 2:
- Define your topic and explain its relevance to health informatics.
Describe any ethical issues associated with your topic.
- Describe any associated laws, regulations, or voluntary standards relevant to the topic.
- Explain how the topic relates to or impacts health care delivery, administration, education, data administration or research.
- Summarize associated data capture tools and technologies.
- Describe a specific example of your topic in use in health care.
- The Final Project PowerPoint:
- Must be 10-15 slides in length not including title and references slides) and formatted according to APA Style (Links to an external site.) as outlined in the Writing Center’s How to Make a PowerPoint Presentation (Links to an external site.) resource.
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
Title of presentation in bold font
Space should be between the title and the rest of the information on the title page.
- Name of institution (The University of Arizona Global Campus)
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Due date
- Must include images and text that tastefully conveys the message presented on each slide.
- Must cover all the requirements listed in steps 1 and 2 above.
Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear statement that indicates the purpose of your presentation.
For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) refer to the Writing Center resources.
- Must use at least five scholarly, peer-reviewed, or credible sources (one of those may be the course text).
The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. You may also want to review What Is CRAAP? A Guide to Evaluating Web Sources (Links to an external site.). The University of Arizona Global Campus Library is a great place to find resources. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
To assist you in completing the research required for this assignment, view this Quick and Easy Library Research (Links to an external site.) tutorial, which introduces the University of Arizona Global Campus Library and the research process, and provides some library search tips.
Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.) guide.
Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Writing Center for specifications.
Review the Writing Center’s Presentation Tips (Links to an external site.) to maximize your results.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.