Recruitment and Selection
PreparationFor this assignment, research the topics of recruitment and selection. Using one of the scenarios below, analyze best practices and approaches for these key HR functions. A minimum of three resources are required to support your work.ScenarioFor this assignment, choose either option 1 or 2. You do not need to do both. You will apply one of these scenarios in the Instructions below. Both options will be graded using the same scoring guide.Option 1You are the new HR manager for Java Corp. Java Corp. specializes in cold coffee and iced tea. Java Corp. is small but quickly growing. There are 300 employees in the company and the organization has a history of a stable workforce with very limited turnover. Recently, the company gained over 200 employees and there are a number of supervisory and managerial positions that need to be filled. The CEO has asked you to work with her to fill positions based on an organizational structure she has just created.New supervisors and managers are needed in IT (one), marketing (one), operations (two), and security (one). Each of these areas has seasoned internal employees eager to compete for jobs, though some may not be as qualified as external candidates. Develop a recruitment and selection plan that is best suited for this situation and make appropriate recommendations to the CEO.Option 2Choose an organization to use for this assignment. It can be where you are currently employed or a company with which you are familiar. It must be an organization that is researchable, as you will need to gather and analyze information to complete the assignment. You may use the same organization you used for the Unit 2 assignment or a different one.If you choose the organization where you are currently employed, please keep in mind that the analyses you make must be based on facts that can be documented rather than your personal opinion as an employee.Research the recruiting and selection functions of the chosen organization.Contact your instructor if you have questions. InstructionsFor this assignment, develop a recruitment and selection plan. In your plan:
- Analyze the role of the recruiter.
- What unique opportunities and challenges are present for the selected company?
- Outline a recruitment process to meet organizational objectives for the selected company.
- Include a step-by-step process for the selection of supervisors and managers. What best practices support your recommended best recruitment plan? Consider the use of social media, types of employment tests, and how to conduct effective interviews, for example.
- Include policies that make the positions more attractive.
- Explain an organization’s legal considerations for recruitment and selection functions.
- Analyze how to measure success of the chosen selection method for the selected company.
- What metrics would you use for your selected company?
- Length: 5–7 typed, double-spaced pages, in addition to a title page and reference page.
- Written communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly and professional. Your writing should be:
- Concise and logically organized.
- Free of errors in grammar and mechanics.
- Validation and support: Use a minimum of three relevant and credible scholarly or professional resources such as the Wall Street Journal to support your work. These
- Analyze the role of the recruiter.
- Character count: 0
When finished, make sure to click Submit.
Optionally, click Save as Draft to save changes and continue working later, or click Cancel to quit without saving changes.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com