In this assignment, you will complete a public health needs assessment MAPP matrix template. Next, you will seek out an FOA that addresses a public health intervention that will address your chosen topic. You will then create a presentation that demonstrates your chosen public health intervention and provides information about your MAPP matrix and the pertinent FOA.
Part I: Conduct an MAPP Matrix Needs Assessment
Conduct a public health needs assessment using the MAPP model. It will result in a MAPP matrix, which identifies a public health need that you are personally interested in.
File attached: Complete the MAPP matrix template.
All MAPP information can be obtained from the National Association of City and County Health Officials (NACCHO) Web site at the following:
- National Association of County and City Health Officials (NACCHO). (2012). Mobilizing for action through planning and partnerships (MAPP). Retrieved from http://www.naccho.org/topics/infrastructure/mapp/index.cfm
Four assessments of the MAPP model and the issues they address are described below:
- Community Themes and Strengths Assessments: This assessment results in a deeper understanding of the issues that residents feel are important by answering the following questions:
(a) What is important to our community?
(b) How is quality of life perceived in our community?
(c) What assets do we have that can be used to improve community health?
- Local Public Health System Assessment (LPHSA): This assessment focuses on all the organizations and entities that contribute to the public’s health. The LPHSA answers the following questions:
(a) What are the components, activities, competencies, and capacities of our local public health system?
(b) How are the essential services being provided to our community?
- Community Health Status Assessment: This assessment identifies priority community health and quality-of-life issues. Questions answered include:
(a) How healthy are our residents?
(b) What does the health status of our community look like?
- Forces of Change Assessment: This assessment focuses on identifying forces such as legislation, technology, and other impending changes that affect the context in which the community and its public health system operate. This answers the following questions:
(a) What is occurring or might occur that affects the health of our community or the local public health system?
(b) What specific threats or opportunities are generated by these occurrences?
Part II: Identify Funding Opportunity
After you have completed your public health needs assessment matrix template, you will create a presentation that addresses the following:
- Identify your chosen public health intervention that relates to your MPH coursework.
- Explain how (using the MAPP Model) you completed the matrix template to identify your chosen public health intervention.
- Explain why the intervention is an important initiative.
- Identify whom the intervention will assist (target audience).
- Explain the general requirements of the FOA.
- Describe, at a high-level, your intended approach, in response to your chosen public health intervention, if awarded this grant.
Options to Consider:
To assist you with your choice, you must pick one of the following categories that are directly related to your MPH coursework.
You will research the application process for any FOA that does any one of the following:
History and Foundations of Public Health
- Establishes a totally new public health intervention that has never been tried before.
Biostatistics; Analysis and Application
- Conducts an analysis and application of a public health intervention that is strictly of a bio-statistical nature.
Epidemiology and Risk Management
- Relates directly to a purely epidemiological or risk management intervention component.
Environmental Health and Emergency Preparedness
- Relates directly to a purely environmental health or emergency preparedness intervention component.
Health Policy and Analysis
- Relates directly to a purely public health policy and analysis intervention component.
Health Communications and Social Marketing
- Relates directly to a purely public health communications or social marketing intervention component.
Change Implementation and Management
- Relates directly to a purely public health change implementation and management intervention component.
Public Health Informatics
- Relates directly to a purely public health informatics intervention component.
Social, Cultural, and Behavioral Implications on Health
- Relates directly to a purely social, cultural, or behavioral intervention component.
Performance Improvement System
- Relates directly to a purely performance improvement intervention component.
Public Health in the Twenty-First Century
- Relates directly to any new public health intervention that has not previously been covered by any of the other courses and is considered futuristic in nature.
Develop a 12-slide presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint format. Be sure to use speaker notes at the bottom of each slide to provide detailed information. If you know how to insert an audio file, feel free to use that approach as well. Your goal is to fully inform your audience about your chosen public health intervention and chosen FOA.
Utilize at least 4–5 scholarly sources in your research and be sure to include a references page. Apply APA standards to citation of sources. Write in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrate ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; and display accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
Conduct a public health needs assessment using the MAPP Model Matrix Template provided.MAPP model matrix template is thoroughly and logically completed. The Matrix also relates well to one’s MPH coursework: 40
Identify your chosen public health intervention that relates to your MPH coursework.
The chosen public health intervention is identified. The selection is logical and relates well to one’s MPH coursework: 8
Explain how (using the MAPP Model) you completed the matrix template to identify your chosen public health intervention.
The explanation regarding how the matrix template was completed is well-developed and logical. It clearly and appropriately identifies one’s chosen public health intervention as a result. Many examples are provided to support thoughts: 24
Explain why the intervention is an important initiative.
The explanation regarding why the intervention is an important initiative is clear and logical. Some examples are included. Some scholarly resources are used to support: 24
Identify whom the intervention will assist (target audience).
The target audience for the intervention is correctly identified. Scholarly resources are used in support: 8
Explain the general requirements of the FOA.
The general requirements of the FOA are fully explained. Reliable sources are utilized: 24
Describe at a high-level your intended approach in response to your chosen public health intervention, if awarded this grant.
The high-level description of one’s intended approach in response to chosen public health intervention, if awarded this grant is clear and logical. Scholarly resources are used in support: 24
Write with clear organization appropriate to required format, including introduction, thesis/main idea, transitions, and conclusion, when appropriate.
Introduction has a clear opening, provides background information, and states the topic. The assignment (e.g., report, presentation) is organized around an arguable stated thesis or main idea. Transitions are appropriate and help the flow of ideas. Conclusion summarizes main argument and has a clear ending. Writing generally provides a consistent coherency among ideas: 12
Usage and Mechanics:
Write using proper grammar, spelling, usage, and mechanics to provide smooth readability.
Writing follows conventions of spelling and grammar throughout. Writing skills are competent. Good command of language.
Bullet points and/or sentence structures are accurate. Capitalization, punctuation, and indentation reasonably well followed. Spelling errors are very few. All errors are infrequent and do not interfere with readability or comprehension: 12
Include proper attribution, paraphrasing, and quotations of all sources.
Using APA format, accurately paraphrased, quoted, and cited throughout the presentation when appropriate or called for. Only a few minor errors present: 12
Audience & Communication:
Write specifically to key audience, using terminology and tone appropriate for the audience.
Writing is focused.
Tone is adequately formal in keeping with the audience: 12
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.