Read the case study. Respond to the questions that correspond to the scenario and upload to the appropriate Dropbox.
Each question should be answered in complete sentences, using correct sentence structure. Responses should be free of grammatical, punctuation, and spelling errors.
A patient has just left the office after having an outpatient surgery procedure. As you get ready to put away the patient’s file, you realize that the patient has forgotten to take his prescriptions and after-care instruction sheets home with him. It is vital for proper healing and recovery for the patient to have these documents. You know you will have to contact this patient so you look inside for his contact information and signed HIPAA Release of Information form.
Questions to answer:
- Under HIPAA, are you legally allowed to view this patient’s medical information? Why or why not?
- In this case, how would you be able to correct your error and provide the missing documents and instructions to the patient while still protecting patient confidentiality under HIPAA?
- List 3 ways patient confidentiality is maintained in the reception/waiting area of a medical office.
- A breach of confidentiality can result in what consequences for a healthcare professional?
- Identify and explain two exceptions to confidentiality in healthcare settings.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.