Write a 3-page research paper on any feature-film director of your choice.
Choose a director and watch three of his/her films. Then, choose one of the following Chapters in your book (Cinematography, Editing, Directing, Acting or Mise-en-Scene) and apply an analysis of that chapter topic on the three films. Look for similarities in all the films. Sample paper can be found in this module.
Use the knowledge and film grammar you’ve learned throughout the semester.
Make sure to include a strong thesis statement. Further information on thesis statements can be found here:
http://writingcenter.fas.harvard.edu/pages/developing-thesis (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/545/01/ (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
You may send me your thesis statement for feedback before writing the paper.
Write a 3-page research paper with three parts.
Section 1 – Write about a film that was really important to you in your life. Why was it important? What was going on in you life that made it more relevant? What was it about that film in particular that moved you?
Section 2 – Watch the film again. Given what we’ve studied in the class, notice and write about the Cinematography, Editing, Directing, Acting and Mise-en-Scene. Look for academic resources to back up your observations. Has the film aged well? Does it still hold up? Since the film hasn’t changed, have you?
Section 3 – Research how the film was made, the filmmakers (director, producer, editors and other players if relevant). Was it independent, studio made? Was it well received by critics? Use quoted resources here.
- Create a compelling piece of writing arguing for your thesis
- Use academic resources
- Use comparison and analysis
- Use 6 sources, 3 must be academic sources (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.
- (Links to an external site.)Links to an external site.Get specific and detailed
- Use MLA formatting and include a works cited page
- Your sources should reference the filmmaker’s techniques/collaborators, not general film terminology.
- Watch director’s commentaries for more information.
- Some reviews are fine, but half your citations should be quoting the filmmaker or collaborators. No more than 2 movie reviews.
Explanation & Answer length: 3 pages
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com