Assignment 3: Nonverbal Communication
Imagine that you are forming a small professional group to discuss how the statistics and research of a human services organization can be improved. You would also need to present the group with some tips and tools on positive communication techniques to enhance the success of the group’s communication.
In this assignment, you will create a code of conduct or a set of guidelines regarding how a group should interact during meetings. You will also analyze the issues that might arise when people meet in a group and explain how these issues can be addressed by making preventative efforts.
Create a 2- to 3-page paper by responding to the following points:
- Describe the way in which you will set up a small professional group. Create a code of conduct or a set of guidelines regarding how the group should interact in both face-to-face communication and technology-mediated meetings.
- Provide at least 6–10 positive communication techniques that would enable the group to address communication issues, if they occur, during the meeting.
- Review the group development stages (forming, storming, norming, and performing) and analyze the stage in which your group currently is; describe the specific technique to be used based on the stage in which the group is.
Note: Your paper should rely upon at least 2 sources from additional professional literature; the sources must be cited in APA format. The literature may include relevant textbooks, peer-reviewed journal articles, and websites created by professional organizations, agencies, or institutions (.edu, .org, or .gov).
In addition, you will create a 6- to 10-minute video introducing the communication tips or code of conduct that you previously created. Also, include the following points while creating your video:
- The difference between listening and hearing
- The five positive ways to align your nonverbal body language with your verbal language
- The etiquette of technologically mediated meetings (choose any one method to address)