WRITE A 4-6 PAGE ESSAY (DOUBLE SPACED, CHICAGO STYLE RULES). STUDENTS WILL EXPLORE THE ROLE THAT ANIMATION PLAYS ON CULTURE AND CREATING REGIONAL, NATIONAL, AND INTERNATIONAL IDENTITIES THROUGH WATCHING ANIMATED FILMS, CARTOONS, AND MARKETING FROM ACROSS THE GLOBE, THE MODULES, WRITING ABOUT AND DISCUSSING THEIR IMPRESSIONS ON HOW ANIMATION IS USED TO PROJECT A CULTURAL IDENTITY, AND DIVE DEEPER INTO VARIOUS CULTURES THROUGH THAT CULTURES ANIMATION STYLE AND APPROACH.OPTION #2: POPULAR CULTURE IN THE GOLDEN AGE OF CARTOONS
- Write a 4-6 page essay about a cartoon or cartoon series or special feature of some cultural, social, or political importance from the 1930s to the 1950s. It would be great if you choose non-American works but compare them to what was happening here at home.
- Identify the animators and studios involved in the creation of the series.
- Include production and distribution dates.
- Address the historical context of the production.
- Describe the animation style and technique(s) employed in the production.
- Discuss what social norms, commentary, or stereotypes are conveyed through this series.
- Discuss whether and why the cartoon is still popular with today’s audience.
- Cite a minimum of one published analysis or review of the series, and cite any other sources from which you draw any information.
- Keep plot summary to a minimum.
- This writing assignment includes two opportunities for instructor review and two revisions prior to the final due date.
When planning this paper…
Utilize Context: Consider the historical, political, economic, technological, and community perspectives of any given animation or visual story. Through a critical perspective in their writing, discussions, and animation assignments, students should articulate an empathetic, multi-perspective analysis and approach to the visual storytelling of various cultures across the globe.
Formulate an Argument: As a part of their multi-step research project, you should formulate an argument (thesis statement) as to why this animated work, based on their research, holds cultural, social, or political significance and articulate the argument in your writing.
Incorporating Evidence: online reading, watching films, and researching the sociopolitical history and context will require students to analyze and evaluate animated stories that challenge them to be skeptical, open-minded, and look at different points of view, which must be supported by visual or textual evidence.
Explanation & Answer length: 4 pages
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com