- do you agree with the expression theory of art? Is art simply an expression of feelings? Is abstract art an expression of feelings?
- Does an art object have to serve a function to be art? Are art objects valuable in themselves, without any functions? Explain.
- Answer the question on page 337 concerning controversial art.
- Critique Arthur Danto’s institutional theory of art. One criticism of it is that if people in the artworld define what is and is not art, then there seems to be no way for the decision-makers to decide among themselves what is art. Is this a fair criticism? Why or why not?
- According to Aristotle, what emotions should a tragedy evoke? What is the point of evoking them?
- Explain Hume’s view on art and the standard of taste. Do you agree with Hume that some people are more keenly attuned to art objects and that their aesthetic sensibilities are more “delicate”? Or, is he just being a snob?
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.