Answer each question with short answer (answers for every set of question located in the link)
Alexander Chapter 6
· Describe the experience of the Jena 6: who, what, when, where. How was the case eventually adjudicated?
· By and large, what has been the attitude of the civil rights community on the War on Drugs?
· What one area of criminal justice has most been the focus of civil rights lawyers?
· Why was Rosa Parks chosen to be the symbol of courage by not giving up her seat on the bus?
· Who were Claudette Colvin and Mary Louise Smith? Why were they not chosen to represent the bus boycotters?
· Why does Alexander include these examples (Parks, Colvin, Smith) in her discussion of criminal advocacy?
· Do poverty and unemployment statistics include people behind bars?
· On what basis does Bruce Western argue that it is “pure fiction” that the Clinton years were good for African Americans?
· What is the Corrections Corporation of America?
· Besides for-profit prisons, name at least three “prison profiteers.”
· Does mass incarceration contribute substantially to lower crime rates?
· What did California’s Proposition 36 mandate?
· What is colorblindness and why is it problematic as an approach to the War on Drugs?
· What is California’s Proposition 54 (endnote #34). Did it pass or fail?
· Why does the author consider affirmative action as a “racial bribe”?
· What are the four threats to the declining circumstances of white men in the U.S.? Hint: one is NOT affirmative action.
· Does the presence of people of color as workers in the criminal justice make a difference in light of all the problems discussed in the book? Why or why not?
· Has President Obama’s administration made things worse or better? How does Alexander support this answer?
· Who said, “Look, you know, when I was a kid, I inhaled. Frequently. That was the point”?
· Which writer said to his nephew, “this is your home…do not be driven from it. …we can make America what it must become”?
Letter from a Birmingham Jail
· Who is the author
· To whom was the letter directed?
· What did St. Augustine say about an unjust law?
· Who was Albert Boutwell? Bull Connor?
· Which U.S. Constitutional Amendment guarantees peaceful assembly?
· What is the name of Beverly Tatum’s 1997 book?
· What is Tatum’s definition of “antiracist activism” using the metaphor of the conveyor belt?
· Is there such a thing as passive antiracism? Why or why not?
· Describe who each of these antiracist activists are and what they did to end racism.
· Margaret Burnham
· Terry Davis
· Dr. Martin Nathan
· Dr. James Cameron
· Dr. Beverly Tatum
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.