In addition to determining how the data will be collected and which measures to use, when conducting research, researchers must decide who will be asked to participate. Obtaining an adequate sample is one of the most important factors in conducting research. Locate two research studies on Proquest or EbscoHost (or another search engine through Ashford’s library), one that utilized a probability sampling method and one that utilized a non-probability sampling method. Answer the following questions regarding each study:
- What sampling procedure was used? Discuss in detail and in your own words how the sample was selected and collected.
- For the probability sampling method, did the sample adequately represent the population? Why or why not?
- What other probability and non-probability sampling procedures could have been used?
- What changes could you suggest that would make the sampling procedures more rigorous?
- In your opinion, which study and sampling procedure produced the most rigorous research and why?
Post should be at least 400 words.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.