I’m trying to learn for my Art class and I’m stuck. Can you help?
In this 4-step discussion/essay, you will (1) view a self-selected work of EASTERN art, (2) compose a 2-paragraph original post, (3) post responses to TWO classmates’ original posts, (4) go back and ADD a reflection reply about this assignment to your original post (totaling at least 550 words).
1. After reviewing the materials above, select a work of EASTERN art available online of your own choosing that meets the following criteria: *i chose Shiva Nataraja, the Lord of the Dance*
- The work can be from any humanities discipline except film and television.
- All Eastern Religious examples of literature, visual art, music, theater, or dance are acceptable. Visual art example links are provided in Required Online Exploration.
- The work must have a shareable URL that you can include in your post so that everyone can access it.
- The work must be influenced by one or more of the EASTERN religions identified in this module; only Native American, Hindu, Buddhist, or Taoist influences are acceptable.
2. Write a new thread using the following instructions:
In the FIRST paragraph (at least 150 words):
- Clearly indicate the type of EASTERN art (e.g. painting, sculpture, song, poem, etc.) and its title.
- Include a hyperlink to the URL of the online version of the work you are discussing in the post.
- Do research by finding and reading at least ONE research source BEYOND THE TEXTBOOK concerning your selection and cite the research source and your textbook.
- Identify the EASTERN artist (if known) and the year that the art was created.
- Identify the culture and EASTERN religion that influenced this work. Be sure to cite specific examples to support your claim by integrating your research on the artist, the work, the culture, and the time period.
- Discuss the meaning of the art based on your response and research.
In the SECOND paragraph (at least 150 words) based on your research:
- Evaluate its craft. Is this a good example of this type of EASTERN art? Is it well presented? What are its points of value? Does it have a message?
- How well does the work represent the intended EASTERN religious theme(s)?
- How well does the work convey its meaning?
- In the end, did you have mostly an Apollonian or Dionysian experience? How so?
- Would you recommend this work of art to others? Why or why not?
3. Read TWO of your classmates’ original posts on an EASTERN artwork influenced by a DIFFERENT religion than your selection, then compose a response post (at least 100 words) for each of the two posts that does at least TWO of the following:
- Extends or adds to his/her point(s)
- Asks a clarifying question
- Disagrees (with reasoning and evidence) with the author’s analysis
- Adds to the understanding of the analysis
- Offers constructive suggestions for improvement
Be sure to do TWO SEPARATE response posts for step 3.
4. Reply to your own original post and ADD at least two sentences (at least 50 words) reflecting on this aesthetic experience. This is also a chance for you to indicate if you learned anything additional about your original post based on a peer response or based on your response to others.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com