I’m working on a History question and need guidance to help me study.
BY DAY 7
Respond to at least two of your colleagues’ postings in one or more of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question about a specific social change movement.
- Suggest an additional factor that contributed to the effectiveness of the social change movement and provide a rationale.
- Offer further information or insights about the use of technology by the movement.
- Expand on or challenge a colleague’s post by offering a new perspective or insight based on your readings in the Learning Resources or other outside research.
1 day agoSherronda Campbell COLLAPSEThe two social change issues, I have chosen are the Black Lives Matter and Immigration.Although both Black Lives Matter and Immigration are different in terms of movements, they both have the same issues that boils down to the systemic racism displayed in a lot of rulings. DACA has gained movement and speed through media outlets, television was effective in letting the world know what DACA and the issues it faced. Social media and television effective in mobilizing and starting other organizations like Dream Iowa. The most successful opposition to these has been the U.S. Senate. Some global implications have been less people coming to America and more deportations.The Black Lives Matter Movement, has gained a lot of access to our homes do to many outlets such as, Facebook, Instagram and other internet programs. Through the use of these internet resources it has brought awareness as well as attention, providing information of rallies, protests, and speeches to viewers and listeners. The most successful opposition to this movement is the government and the systemic racism our government keeps denying. The global implication is that the world at large has a understanding that black in America are treated, as second class citizens and any persons of color.
Francisis, S. (2015). Black Lives Matter. New politics, 28-32.Wellendorf, S. S. (2015). Life on the Edge: A DREAMer’s struggle through Immigration. University Wire; Carlsbad, 1.
- David Palumbo RE: Discussion – Week 5COLLAPSEA post–9/11 movement that was of particular interest to me was the black lives matter movement. The Black lives Matter movement was first created in July of 2013. The movement was sparked by the acquittal of George Zimmerman in the shooting death of African-American teen Trayvon Martin, and in response to the numerous killings of unarmed African Americans. The movement began with the use of the hashtag #BlackLivesMatter on social media sites and has sense used technology, particularly the Internet and social media to bring light to many of the issues such as police violence, and inhumane treatment of African Americans as a race. Some opposition that the BLM movement faces is it has been criticized by some as too confrontational and divisive.The second social movement that I found of interest to me is the LGBTQ movement. The LGBTQ movement stands for Lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) people. The movement was started in response to the discrimination and harassment in the workplace and other walks of everyday life in which these individuals face. Same-sex marriage is one area in which the LGBTQ faces much opposition. Achieving marriage equality is one of the main goals on which LGBTQ social media sheds light on.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.