Web Exercise 9
Focus Text – Chapter 15
In recent years, social media has become extremely important to not only consumers but also to businesses. This particular exercise focuses on Facebook. This assignment asks you to read more than most of your other exercises have, but I feel comfortable that you will find these resources to be interesting and thought-provoking. Please read all of them. As you participate in social media, you will become more aware of marketing tactics surrounding your profile.
First, consider these bits of information to get a “big picture” idea of how extensive facebook is:
In January 2009, Facebook had 150 million active users. By April 2009, there were 200 million active users, and then by July of 2009 Facebook had over 250 million active users. Just over a year later, in July of 2010, Facebook had doubled in reach to over 500 million active users. This is ONE IN EVERY THIRTEEN people on earth! (according to onlineschools.org and facebook.com)
Watch this 2-minute video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJXOavGwAW8 (Titled “TheWorld Is Obsessed With Facebook” by youtube user alextrimpe)
Then, read the six following articles (many are only 1 page) saved in this folder (preferably in this folder):
C NN Article – “10 Fascinating Facebook Facts”
“Social Sharing – It’s Cool, But Does It Work?”
“How To Succeed at Facebook Advertising”
“How Fiji Water Brand Stays Accessible on Facebook” – also visit www.facebook.com/fijiwater
“Successful Product Launches on Facebook”
“Are Facebook Friends of Brands Likelier to Buy?”
Then, please respond to the following questions in the Web Exercise submission area within this folder. Be sure to consider the readings from Chapter 15 and the readings accompanying this assignment when answering the questions—be specific and use examples.
1. What is the importance of Facebook for marketing communications?
2. Briefly, how are marketers effectively using their Facebook pages?
3. How do consumers interact with brands on Facebook? What is the key for this to be successful?
4. What can marketers do to encourage ongoing involvement once a consumer has “liked” a brand or page?
5. Think about your own consumption habits. How much are you influenced by the mention of brands through social media? Influence can come from the company if you have “liked” their page, from ads along the sides, or from status updates or posts from your friends that advocate or banish a particular brand. Do you pay attention to brand names in posts? (This does not have to be specific to Facebook, but may also be extended to Twitter or other forms of social media that you engage in).
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com