Can you help me understand this Physics question?
Specific Gravity/Work/Horsepower Project
“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination and hard work.”
1. Find the weight of a gallon of synthetic oil if a gallon of water weighs 8.35 lbs., and the specific gravity of synthetic oil is .928
2. The specific gravity of jet fuel is .80. If a cubic foot of water weighs 62.428 lbs, how much does a cubic foot of jet fuel weigh?
3. How much work is needed to move a 175 lb object a distance of 25 feet?
4. How much work is needed to move a 280 lb object 300 inches?
5. If 3,000 ft-lb. of work is required to move an object 360 inches, how much does the object weigh?
6. 5500 ft-lbs of work is needed to move a 350 lb object. How far in inches can the object be moved?
7. How much horsepower is needed to raise an 8000 lb load a distance of 40 feet in 12 seconds?
8. What is the horsepower required to raise a 2,500 lb load a distance of 300 inches in .25 minutes?
9. A 25 hp motor is required to lift a crate 720 inches in .05 minutes. How much does the crate weigh?
10. A 50 hp motor is used to raise a 500 lb object in 5.75 seconds. How high in inches is the object raised?
Bonus (3 points)
A dragster with an 2000 hp motor can travel a quarter mile in 6.5 seconds. How much does the dragster weigh?
SIMPLE MACHINES PROJECT
“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”
1. A wheelbarrow is used to move a 240 lbs load. If 118 lbs. of effort is needed to move the load, and the load sits 24 inches from the wheel, how far in feet is the effort from the wheel?
2. A second class lever is used to move a small engine. If the engine sits 1.25 feet from the wheel, and 150 lbs of effort is applied 66 inches from the engine, how much does the engine weigh?
3. A first-class lever is used to raise a load. If the load is 3.5 feet from the fulcrum and 80 lbs of effort is applied 78 inches from the fulcrum, what is the weight of the load?
4. A ramp is used to move a 200 lb load onto the back of a truck. If the ramp is 12 ft. long and 45 inches high, how much effort is needed to push the load onto the truck?
5. A see-saw is used to raise a load. If the load sits 48 inches from the fulcrum, and 75 lbs of effort is applied 300 inches from the load, how much does the load weigh?
6. 120 lbs. of effort is required to push a barrel weighing 200 lbs. up a 450 inch ramp onto a loading dock. What’s the height of the loading dock in feet?
7. A pulley using 4 ropes is used to raise a 500 lb load. How much effort is needed to raise the load?
8. For the previous problem, how much rope in feet would be needed to lift the engine 180 inches?
9. A six-roped pulley is used to raise a 500 lb crate. If 20 feet of rope is used to lift the crate, how high will it be lifted in inches?
10. A multiple roped pulley system is used to raise a 350 lb crate 90 inches. If 120 lbs of effort is needed to raise the crate, how much rope is needed in feet?
11. Two gears have a gear ratio of 9:4. When the driven gear turns 78 times, how many times must the drive gear turn?
12. Two gears have a revolution ratio of 4:13. If the drive gear has 128 teeth, how many teeth does the driven gear have?
13. The speed ratio of two gears is 9:8. If the drive gear turns 850 times, how many times does the driven gear turn?
Bonus: 3 points
The gear ratio of two gears is 11:3. If the drive gear’s speed is 150 rpm’s, what is the driven gear’s speed in mph? (the width of the driven gear is 21 inches)
3- The area of a rectangle is 250 square feet. What is its length in inches if its width is 2 feet?
5- The area of a square is 225 feet. What is the length of each side in inches?
7- A triangle has an area of 60 square feet. What is the base in inches if the hight is 48 inches?
10- What is the area of a circle in square inches if its width is 3 feet?
11- The area of a circle is 75 square inches. What is the radius in feet?
12- A circle has an area of 30 square feet. What is the width in inches?
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.