Consumer Informatics Presentation
Prior to beginning work on this assignment, read Chapter 32 in your text, the “Consumer health informatics interventions must support user workflow, be easy-to-use, and improve cognition: Applying the SEIPS 2.0 model to evaluate patients’ and clinicians’ experience with the CONDUIT-HID intervention (Links to an external site.)” library article, and the video How Real-Time Monitoring Changed the Way I Treat Heart Patients – Healthcare Summit (2014) | Forbes (Links to an external site.). Review the instructions below and research three additional scholarly sources, not including course resources, to support your statements.
For your final project, you will prepare an educational presentation on the five major pillars of health informatics: clinical informatics, population and public health informatics, consumer informatics, translational bioinformatics and clinical research informatics. In Weeks 2 through 5, you will focus on a particular pillar. It is recommended that you review the requirements for the Final Presentation in Week 6 to aid you in creating this week’s contribution.
For this week’s assignment, you will prepare a PowerPoint presentation on the consumer informatics pillar of health informatics including the e-patient movement (i.e., the widespread use of the Internet or other technologies that allows patients to have more participation in their medical care) and the Personal Health Record (PHR). Creating this week’s presentation will give you the opportunity to explore how participatory health care informatics is shaping patient-centered models of care.
Create your PowerPoint presentation with speaker notes that critically address each of the following elements. (Remember that your presentation slides should have short, bullet-pointed text with your speaker notes including the bulk of the information provided in the following list.)
- Interpret the definition of consumer health informatics from national sources such as the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ), the American Medical Informatics Association (AMIA), etc.
- Compare and contrast the roles of patient, consumer, caregiver, and professional in consumer informatics.
- Analyze health literacy’s role in the success of consumer informatics.
- Analyze the role of the e-patient movement and the PHR in effecting health care change.
- Examine how participatory health care informatics is shaping patient-centered models of care.
- Compare and contrast two examples of consumer informatics applications of your choosing. (Examples could be those found on the Internet or those you’ve encountered in your personal life.)
You may wish to include visual enhancements in your presentation. These may include appropriate images, a consistent font, appropriate animations, and transitions from content piece to content piece and slide to slide. (Images should be cited in APA format as outlined by the APA Key Elements (Links to an external site.). It is recommended that you access Garr Reynolds’ Top Ten Slide Tips (Links to an external site.) and Simple Rules for Better PowerPoint Presentations (Links to an external site.) that provides useful assistance with creating successful PowerPoint presentations.
Submit your completed PowerPoint presentation through Waypoint.
The Consumer Informatics PowerPoint presentation
- Must be five to seven slides with speaker notes (not including the title and references slides) and formatted according to APA style as outlined by the Writing Center (Links to an external site.).
- Must include a separate title slide with the following:
- Title of presentation
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must use at least three scholarly sources in addition to the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.
- Must include a separate references slide that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Writing Center.text
- text book below
- oiera, E. (2015). Guide to health informatics (3rd ed.). Retrieved from https://www.vitalsource.com
- Chapter 9: Information Management Systems
- Chapter 10: The Electronic Health Record
- Chapter 11: Designing and Evaluating Information and Communication Systems
- Chapter 12: Implementation
- Chapter 13: Information System Safety
- Chapter 14: Information economics
- Chapter 32: Consumer Health Informatics
Each of you has a goal you hope to accomplish after completing your Curry College education. Prepare a 1-3 page paper based on the APA style of report writing (APA Style) (Links to an external site.).explaining why and how Technical Communications will be important to your future career.
Your paper should include what your personal goal is, what opportunities you will have to create Technical Communications, and what you hope to achieve with those Technical Communications.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.