Scenario:Assume you are an employee working in the Amazon warehouse, and you pack orders and categorize them into small, medium, and large batches. You are considered a packer. You have experience packing all sizes and have been with the organization for two years. You are considered one of their best employees, you have a solid reputation for being a hard worker, and all of your orders are packed correctly. You have also been busy; you recently completed Amazon’s management training program, and you have completed your BABA degree at the Forbes School of Business and Technology at the University of the Arizona Global Campus.
Congratulations: You have just been promoted to manager. You will be relocated to a new plant that is two hours away that employs 100 employees. You will oversee a team of 10 supervisors and 90 packers and will now oversee the entire warehouse operation. How will you work to use and apply the five functions of management?
Now let’s apply the five functions. In your paper, include the following sections:
- Planning: Examine the specific areas you will choose to manage that fall under the planning function.
- For example, what might be some of the things you will plan to do and implement to build an effective team and culture? People are the most important resource in any business, what do you plan to do to build a positive team culture? What processes and systems do you plan to use?
- Organizing: Assess if the present structure that Amazon has set up is working.
- Do you need to make or suggest any changes to make it more efficient and effective? What structure will you use and implement? Explain how you will use departmentalization in your organizational structure.
- Staffing: Analyze your staffing needs.
- How do you intend to staff your organization and replace members that leave or are promoted? How does the HR process apply? What things (if any) will you suggest?
- Leading: Justify the leadership theory and style you will follow to ensure efficiency.
- Will you use transformational or transactional leadership? Why or why not?
- Controls: Identify what controls and measures you will implement.
- How will you apply the four steps of control (these are in Chapter 7; i.e., establishing standards, measuring performance, comparing performance, and making decisions)?
2 attachmentsSlide 1 of 2
UNFORMATTED ATTACHMENT PREVIEW
4/19/2021 MGT 330: The Five Functions of Effective Management 2e – 1.3 The Five Management Functions 1.3 The Five Management Functions 1.3 The Five Management Func ons The ﬁve management func ons include planning, organizing, staﬃng, leading, and controlling human and other resources to achieve organiza onal goals. All organiza ons, regardless of their performance levels or proﬁt mo ves, have a management structure and management staﬀ. Although the organiza on exists for a par cular purpose, such as producing a product or service, the responsibility for mission achievement requires a central ﬁgure, and in some cases ﬁgures, to coordinate these ﬁve primary ac vi es. Planning Managers use planning to choose appropriate organiza onal goals and iden fy courses of ac on to best reach those goals. Managers will engage in a variety
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.