As with any new technology, social, ethical, legal, and economic issues must be taken into consideration. In the development of alternative energy technologies and the efficiency of industrial chemical reactions, there are numerous issues to explore. In this assignment, you will research and evaluate an issue related to energy change, then communicate your findings in the form of a research paper.
Your task is research and communicate your findings on an issue related to energy change. There are multiple parts to this assignment. It is strongly recommend that you complete each sequentially to ensure that your teacher has an opportunity to review and provide feedback on all components of your report.
Part I: Planning Your Research Paper
- Select a topic to research and evaluate as a part of this assignment. You may select any issue that relates to energy change. Possible topics are provided if you are having difficulty finding a topic.
- Create a plan or outline for your paper that includes your thesis and the three main points you intend to present in support of your thesis.
- Submit a list of three resources you wish to use to write your paper. Ensure your resources are listed in APA style.
- Submit your completed research paper outline to the Dropbox. Your teacher will review and provide you feedback on how to proceed with your research paper
- The cooling of homes and commercial building in summer requires more energy than heating the same homes in the winter. Thus, brownouts are more likely to occur during hot summer months than the colder winter. However, new technologies use deep water cooling as an alternative to conventional air conditioning systems in office towers. This significantly reduces energy use and its environmental impact.
- For many years, Indigenous communities in Northern Canada have relied on technologies that use fossil fuels. This has resulted in serious negative impacts on the environment and health of these communities. Recently, alternative energy technologies using wind and solar power have been used to reduce the dependence of these communities on fossil fuels. Wind turbines in the Ranking Inlet of Nunavut and solar walls like the one installed at a community centre in the Northwest Territories are examples of alternative energy projects being implemented in Indigenous communities.
- Bleaches such as hydrogen peroxide and chlorine are used when fibres are processed into paper or textiles. Concentrations of these substances can harm the environment, but if enzymes are added to these processes as biocatalysts, fewer chemicals are needed, less energy is consumer, and there is less environmental impact.
Part II: Writing Your Research Paper
- Write your research paper, incorporating the feedback and direction from your teacher. Your research paper should have an introduction, body, and conclusion. Typically, you would have one paragraph for each of your introduction and conclusion. The body of your research paper can have multiple paragraphs. The focus of the body of your paper should be the three main points you submitted to your your teacher in Part I.
- Include any relevant data you obtained from your research to support your main ideas. Ensure your data is obtained from a credible source.
- Use in-text citations to reference any information you wish to present that is not your own original idea, such as data and theories/opinions of others.
- Submit a reference list that includes all the sources you used in your research paper. Ensure that both your in-text citations and reference list are completed according to APA style.
- Part I: Your outline for your paper, including your thesis and three main points.
- Part I: Three sources you intend to use to write your research paper.
- Part II: Your research paper.
- Part II: Your complete reference list in APA style.
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.