The general public has different perceptions and opinions about nursing as a profession. Some of these views are stereotypical and are tainted with misinformation. However, many people perceive nursing as a noble profession that involves a high level of selflessness. They believe that a nurse’s primary role is to provide care to persons who need it without discrimination. On the other hand, people assume that nursing is a field specifically designed for women, not knowing that male nurses contribute significantly to medical practice (Dickerson, 2015).
Several factors influence how the public views nursing. Firstly, the media portrays nurses’ image and their line of work that is far from reality. Nurses are usually depicted in a flirtatious manner with pictures showing slim figures and flashy dressing. This creates a flawed expectation of how a typical nurse should appear and behave. Past experiences with nursing also inform public perception. Experience is the best teacher, and it is only through this that people can form accurate opinions. The public can be educated about a nurse’s role and the scope of nursing in numerous ways. The media can be an instrumental tool to conduct mass education about who a nurse is, the educational credentials and level of training required to qualify an individual as a nurse, and the extent of practice (Yvonne ten Hoeve, 2014).
The growth, development, and learned behaviors that occur during the first year of infancy have a direct effect on the individual throughout a lifetime. For this assignment, research an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants and develop a health promotion that can be presented to caregivers.
Create a 10-12 slide PowerPoint health promotion, with speaker notes, that outlines a teaching plan. For the presentation of your PowerPoint, use Loom to create a voice over or a video. Include an additional slide for the Loom link at the beginning, and an additional slide for references at the end.
Include the following in your presentation:
- Describe the selected environmental factor. Explain how the environmental factor you selected can potentially affect the health or safety of infants.
- Create a health promotion plan that can be presented to caregivers to address the environmental factor and improve the overall health and well-being of infants.
- Offer recommendations on accident prevention and safety promotion as they relate to the selected environmental factor and the health or safety of infants.
- Offer examples, interventions, and suggestions from evidence-based research. At least three scholarly resources are required. Two of the three resources must be peer-reviewed and no more than 6 years old.
- Provide readers with two community resources, a national resource, and a Web-based resource. Include a brief description and contact information for each resource.
- In developing your PowerPoint, take into consideration the health care literacy level of your target audience, as well as the demographic of the caregiver/patient (socioeconomic level, language, culture, and any other relevant characteristic of the caregiver) for which the presentation is tailored
Refer to the resource, “Creating Effective PowerPoint Presentations,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on completing this assignment in the appropriate style.
Refer to the resource, “Loom,” located in the Student Success Center, for additional guidance on recording your presentation.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. Refer to the for assistance.
Do you have similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.