Tragedy of the Commons
1. Jeremy Bentham articulated the theory of Utilitarianism. Explain how this theory affects your personal life. (one-page minimum)
2. Define Commensurable and give an example of such. (not from Hardin).
3. Define Incommensurable and give an example of such. (not from Hardin).
4. Define Synergy and give an example of such. (not from Hardin)
5. Describe at least two (2) concepts that Garrett Hardin is postulating in this essay and explain why you agree or disagree. Describe and explain at least one consequence of your point of view. (one-page minimum)
6. Describe an example of the Tragedy of the Commons that is taking place today. What can be done to mitigate that tragedy? Explain at least one consequence to that mitigating action. (one-page minimum)
Explanation & Answer length: 1 Page1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1
UNFORMATTED ATTACHMENT PREVIEW
T HE S OCIAL C ONTRACT Fall 2001 The Tragedy of the Commons by Garrett Hardin t the end of a thoughtful article on the future of nuclear war, Wiesner and 1 York concluded that: “Both sides in the arms race are…confronted by the dilemma of steadily increasing military power and steadily decreasing national security. It is our considered professional judgment that this dilemma has no technical solution. If the great powers continue to look for solutions in the area of science and technology only, the result will be to worsen the situation.” I would like to focus your attention not on the subject of the article (national security in a A Garrett Hardin, Ph.D. is Professor Emeritus of Human Ecology in the Department of Biological Sciences at the University of California, Santa Barbara. “The Tragedy of the Commons” was originally given as an
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com