In Chapter 1, you studied the three ethical perspectives (relativism, emotivism, and ethical egoism), and in Chapter 2, you saw examples of how to apply ethical theories and perspectives to various concrete issues. The purpose of this discussion is to help you understand and apply ethical perspectives. Prepare and post a response to the following prompt:
Define and contrast the three ethical perspectives. How do the perspectives differ from the ethical theories? What does each ethical perspective tell us about morality and virtue?
Think of an issue that has occurred in your community during the past year. This may be a public issue that has generated interest in the press, or it may be something that has come up in your child’s school, in your church, in a social club you belong to, or in your neighborhood. Describe the issue, and then analyze the issue from the viewpoint of one of the ethical perspectives. Apply the perspective to the issue in the same way that the author applies the theories and perspectives to the issues in the text.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length. Support your claims with examples from the required resources and/or other scholarly sources, and properly cite any references in APA style
The purpose of this discussion is to help you understand how to construct an ethical argument. Prepare and post a response to the following prompt:
- Identify the basic themes, topics, and concepts that make up the discipline of ethics. Explain the themes or ideas that unite the different ethical theories.
- Describe how you might apply one of the ethical theories or perspectives we have discussed in this class to one of the following social issues:
- Limiting smoking in public places, such as public buildings, restaurants, or city parks
- Municipal governments using public funds to build stadiums for professional sports teams
- Requiring a private landowner to provide habitat for endangered species on their properties
In an effort to present a balanced discussion, describe an alternative perspective to the issue you have addressed.
Your initial post should be at least 250 words in length
Don’t overlook the last prompt–“describe how one of the three alternative perspectives applies to the issue you have addressed” (after you have described how one of the three ethical theories applies to your issue).
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com