I’m working on a biology writing question and need a sample draft to help me understand better.
Watch “Typhoid Mary: the most dangerous woman in America” at
INFECTIOUS DISEASE EPIDEMIOLOGY AND TYPHOID FEVER BY TYPHOID MARY
and answer the following questions. Please use complete sentences.
- According to the video, what is ‘the prime dilemma’ in public health?
- Typhoid fever in the early 20thcentury was typically associated with what types of neighborhoods? How did doctors treat patients with typhoid fever?
- What was the focus of the New Bacteriology? What research questions were these scientists and doctors interested in?
- In the Oyster Bay outbreak, what were the avenues that authorities needed to rule out in searching for the source of the outbreak? What was the result of their search?
- What was Sauper’s first clue in his investigation of the Oyster Bay outbreak? How did his knowledge of the New Bacteriology lead him to this line of questioning?
- What was the prevailing view of the poor and of immigrants among health professionals at the time? How did these views affect public policy toward and medical understanding of disease? What rights did public health workers have in the handling of patients? What happened to patients who refused these treatments? Historically, do legal courts tend to side with patients or with public health departments in disputes over patient rights and healthcare practices?
- What percentage of individuals become carriers of typhoid after they contract it and survive? How did this knowledge affect public policies regarding food handlers in New York City?
- What are the implications of Mary’s case for how we handle disease and carriers of disease in our own society?
- Is there stigma against certain diseases today? Do we still see conflict between individual rights and public health recommendations and policies?
10.Go to the CDC’s website on Typhoid Fever. How many cases are generally reported to the CDC each year? What types of Typhoid Fever vaccines exist and for whom are they recommended?
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.