In your own words, answer this unit’s discussion questions in a main post (recommended minimum 200 words), and respond to at least 2 peers’ postings (recommended minimum 75 words).
After you have reviewed the Assignment Details below, click the Discussion Board link under the My Work heading above to open the Discussion Board and make your post.
Use these videos for help on how to post to the Discussion Board:
The oceans are filled with single-use plastics like water bottles swirled into large patches—some big enough to form islands that you could walk on! Fish and marine life think the plastic is food and eat the plastic that chokes them to death (Center for Biological Diversity, n.d.). We could do our part by recycling those bottles—or better yet, drinking from reusable cups (Griffin & Wilkins, 2020).
Watch this short video that explains garbage patches (gyres) in the ocean.
- Describe another example of a problem with plastics in the ocean.
- Discuss how you would reduce this problem.
In your responses to at least 2 classmates, you could consider additional sources of pollution in the ocean. In your replies, you could elaborate on the impacts of plastics on marine animals or make suggestions for recycling or reducing the use of plastics.
For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.
Discussion Board Reminders:
- Must have three posts: A Main Post and two replies to peers.
- First post: Either your main post or a reply to others must be posted before midnight CT (Central time) on Friday of each week.
- Second and third post: Must be posted on a different day from the first post.
- Connect to Content: At least one post must refer to course learning materials. See the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards for help with connecting to the content.
- Engaging in Class Discussions: For more information on making the most of your class dialog, review the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards.
Center for Biological Diversity. (n.d.). Ocean plastics pollution: A global tragedy for our oceans and sea life. https://www.biologicaldiversity.org/campaigns/ocean_plastics/
Griffin, J., & Wilkins, J. (2020, September 4). Plastic pollution causes, facts & figures. SLO active. https://sloactive.com/plastic-pollution/#single-use-plastic-alternatives
Ocean Today. (n.d.). Trash talk: What is the Great Pacific Garbage Patch? [Video]. https://oceantoday.noaa.gov/trashtalk_garbagepatch
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com