Engagement and participation are important aspects of any college course. For this online course your engagement and participation are partly determined by your presence on the Discussion Boards.
Every student should make at least one original contextual analysis post and two comments to other students’ posts for each module. Posts should be in full, grammatically correct sentences that create at least one solid response of at least 600 words–make sure you include a word count. The 600 word count does NOT include any headers or references section. All posts must be relevant to the assigned materials (although you may build upon previous knowledge from earlier weeks and include personal observations). Start by answering the prompt, and then build upon the prompt to consider your own perspectives and experiences. You MUST attach photos and web links to support your position. An important part of your grade for this assignment is to communicate with your classmates. Because this is intended to be your opportunity to discuss topics with your classmates, the professor/TA will generally refrain from commenting or actively participating in the discussions aside from reading and grading them.
Each of the two comments should be at least 200 words (include a word count) on two different classmates’ posts each module to receive full credit.
Posts: For this post, select one work of art (two-dimensional or three-dimensional art) has NOT been already analyzed or extensively discussed in the course readings or videos…part of the fun in learning about art is in DISCOVERING it! You are required to make one post. In a narrative format, the post should contain the following elements:
- Define and Identify: Brief information about the artist and work. For example, birth/death dates, place of birth or work, where work is displayed, name of work, medium of work, context for creation of work.
- Experience and Appreciation: For example, where you found the work (website, another book, museum), what made you select the work, what about this work speaks to you.
- Observe and Analyze: Use and underline three terms that were introduced in the module to observe/analyze your chosen work. Add any other relevant information to improve your paper.
- Critique and Compare: Compare your work to similar pieces or to examples used in the module. Consider the impact of the work on a particular social angle and/or the evolution of the media. Consider the impact of experiencing the work on your general outlook on the medium or appreciation of art.
- Apply Social Angles AND Context: Identify at least one social angle from the list below that can be observed or analyzed as part of the work. Address how the social angle is connected to the work. Plus, a thorough contextual analysis of the historical, cultural, and social implications should be discussed.
- race and ethnicity,
- gender and sexuality,
- class and highbrow/low,
- colonialism, postcolonialism, place and regionalism,
- nature (environment, ecology) and culture,
- memory, history, generational identity,
- food culture, and
- body and mind
Students will be expected to define, identify, and apply at least three terms (underline them so I can quickly find them) from the module in the post. Make sure to underline the terms so that I can quickly identify them. College-level writing and mechanics are expected; however, the purpose of this assignment is to move from experiencing art to analyzing art to evaluating art. Make sure to include a references section at the end of every post, even if you only cite the lecture video. All in-text citations and references should be in MLA.
Comments: For each of the two comments, select a classmate’s post, read the post, critique the post, indicate your reaction to the chosen work, discuss a comparison work from the module or any other outside source that is similar to the work identified in the post, and either add personal commentary or pose a question to stimulate conversation.
Here is an example.8 attachmentsSlide 1 of 8
UNFORMATTED ATTACHMENT PREVIEW
For my 2-D contextual analysis, I chose Tiziano Vecellio oil painting, An Allegory of Prudence. Tiziano Vecellio, who was also known as Titian, was one of the most versatile Italian painters in the 16th century (McCouat, 2014). Titian had a great influence on other painters of the Italian renaissance due to his painting methods of application and color when painting portraits, landscapes, mythological aspects, and religious subjects (McCouat, 2014). As Titian grew older and closer to death, his pictures became more complex and portrayed more of a solemn mood (McCouat, 2014). Titian created An Allegory of Prudence around 1550-1565, which was created during the last twenty-six years of his life (McCouat, 2014). When looking at the oil painting, a lot can be seen visually. The first thing a person may take into account are the six
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.