- Resource: City of Kelsey Virtual Organization (The City of Kelsey Virtual Organization is a University learning tool that allows students to apply what they have learned in a real-world context using realistic data).You are a policy analyst tasked with looking into water pollution policies for the City of Kelsey. The local government is concerned about water pollution and discussing policies that should be implemented or enforced to address the concerns. You are asked to examine the pollution issue and consider public support for strategies that address pollution problems. You should examine the potential causes of the water pollution issues, identify relevant laws and policies, and recommend policy options for the City, then present the findings and recommendations to City Council.Access the Virtual Organizations using the following instructions:
- Click the Virtual Organizations link. Note that the link is only valid when logged in to the course.
- Click on Government.
- Click on City of Kelsey and then click the City Government tab at the top of the page.
- Review the documents about the city and the water pollution in the Kelsey River.
- Create a 10- to 15-slide Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation to brief the City on water pollution policy recommendations and their implications.Cite at least 2 outside references.Format your presentation consistent with APA guidelines.Describe the water pollution issues that may be a concern.Explain the evolution of relevant laws, regulations, and policies at the federal and state level.Research and select 2 policies to address the water pollution issues. These can be enforcement of existing laws and policies under the Clean Water Act or local policies that the City should implement.Analyze the 2 policies by comparing them in terms of scope, regulations, and intended outcomes. Address the following:
- Describe the intended outcomes of the policies.
- Explain how the policies intend to effect change.
- Analyze the possible economic, social, and environmental outcomes of the policies.
- Provide examples of successful pollution interventions in other communities.
Explanation & Answer length: 12 Slides1 attachmentsSlide 1 of 1
UNFORMATTED ATTACHMENT PREVIEW
City of Kelsey Office of the Mayor MEMORANDUM To: Water and Sanitation Department From: Mayor of Kelsey and City Council Re: City of Kelsey Drinking Water, Wastewater, and Water Conservation Presentation The City Council recognizes the need to plan for the future with respect to providing an adequate supply of safe drinking water to the community and treating its wastewater to protect health and the environment. Given projected population growth and the importance of water resources to drawing business investment to Kelsey, the plan needs to include water conservation and reuse considerations. Next month, your Department will be tasked with presenting a Drinking Water, Wastewater, and Water Conservation Plan to the city council. In preparation for this presentation, your team will prepare the following reports. The Distribution System and
Do you similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com