Reply to the following discussion by challenging the post. You will want to focus on their point of view, asking pertinent questions, adding to the responses by including information from other sources, and respectfully challenging a point of view, supported by references to other sources. Be objective, clear, and concise. Always use constructive language.
It is important to support what you say with relevant citations in the APA format from both the course materials and outside resources.
PICOT Question: In young persons aged 18-24 years (P), can innovative communication and proactive health care delivery (I), compared to not providing sexual health education (C), increase the awareness of sexually transmitted diseases and encourage sexual decisiveness from the interventions provided to reduce the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases (O), within 6 months (T)?
The following is the plan for evaluating the effectiveness of sexually transmitted disease educational interventions and decreasing the rate of diagnosis in clinical practice.
- Clarifying the objectives and goals– The main objectives are to reduce the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases in the target population through proactive health care delivery and use of innovative communication through social media platforms. This will be accomplished by providing interventional education to patients in the clinic. For the purpose of this project, I have chosen to focus on ‘young people’ aged 18-24 years, as this group accounts for over 50% of newly diagnosed sexually transmitted diseases in the United States.
- Focus of the evaluation– The stakeholders will be identified and assigned roles accordingly. Stakeholder needs will be identified in part of the evaluation process.
- Developing evaluation questions– The following questions will be addressed: How have participant behaviors changed as a result of the program? Do the participants feel positive perception with the utilization of social media for sexual health communication with peers and healthcare providers? Are participants satisfied with the experience? Were there any negative results from participation in the program?
- Developing evaluation design methods– An STD-Knowledge Questionnaire (STD-KQ), comprised of 27 close-ended questions aimed at identifying behavioral risks and knowledge deficits pertaining to sexually transmitted diseases (Jaworski & Carey, 2007). For this particular a dichotomous “yes/no” option will be used to organize responses vertically with ample space between responses to decrease the risk for error. The nominal measurement will consist of the presence or absence of sexually transmitted diseases. Statistical conclusion validity will be used to conclude variances and associations drawn from studies to correctly reproduce reality (Gray et al., 2017). The sample size will be comprised of 152 patients, 18-24 years of age. The sample size was calculated by 250 patient population, 95% sampling confidence level, and 5% margin of error (SurveyMonkey, 2021). The sampling strategy for the study will be stratified random sampling, the participants will be divided into subgroups based on gender. Stratified random sampling offers proper representation of the sample populations characteristics and can be divided into subgroups based on gender (Scribbr, 2020).
- Establishing a timeline for evaluation activities– The participants will receive the STD-KQ questionnaire at the beginning of the program, and will receive a second questionnaire at the end of a six-month time period. The independent variable pertaining to this project is innovative communication. The dependent variable is the rate of sexually transmitted diseases being diagnosed. Data on the prevalence of sexually transmitted diseases prior to and after the interventional program will be collected and documented in the participants electronic medical record. Given the nature of the program, descriptive data will be used. According to Gray and colleagues (2017), prevalence and incidence suggest a descriptive research design with the intent of appropriately and methodically defining populace, characteristics, tendencies, groupings, and incidences. Data analysis will incorporate the use of a Chi-square test of independence, which is a non-parametric inferential statistic focused on nominal variables (Bhandari, 2020).
Bhandari, P. (2020). An introduction to inferential statistics. Retrieved from https://www.scribbr.com/statistics/inferential-statistics/
Gray, J., Grove, S., & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns & Grove’s the Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence. [South University]. Retrieved from https://digitalbookshelf.southuniversity.edu/#/books/9780323377584/
Jaworski, B. C., & Carey, M. P. (2007). Development and psychometric evaluation of a self-administered questionnaire to measure knowledge of sexually transmitted diseases. AIDS and behavior, 11(4), 557–574. https://doi.org/10.1007/s10461-006-9168-5
Scribbr. (2020). How to use stratified sampling. Retrieved from https://www.scribbr.com/methodology/stratified-sampling/
SurveyMonkey. (2021). Calculate your sample size. Retrieved from https://www.surveymonkey.com/mp/sample-size-calculator/
Do you have a similar assignment and would want someone to complete it for you? Click on the ORDER NOW option to get instant services at essayloop.com. We assure you of a well written and plagiarism free papers delivered within your specified deadline.